Simple Beauty Tips
A Summer Beauty Routine
Beauty tips by PURNIMA GOSWAMI
- The summer in India is often humid and sportingly hot Sunita Makhija gives excellent beauty
- For a natural look, don't overdo your foundation. Instead just use concealers under
your eyes and over blemishes and dust compact powder over the face. Once summer sets in, skip foundation. This will give you
a natural fresh look.
- Remember that the color of your lipstick and blusher should not just match your outfit but should complement your complexion as well
- Good eye makeup can add a dramatic touch to your looks. A quick routine for eye makeup would be to dust some blusher on the entire eye and then to define the upper and lower rim with a dark grey or brown pencil. Thereafter, dust some highlighter, i.e. silver white or beige, below the eyebrows. A few strokes of mascara on your lashes would add the finishing touch. Eyeliner is optional.
- Summer months can create havoc with your skin and hair. Make sure you shampoo your hair often, every day if necessary. If you perspire much more in summer, use a conditioner at least once a week as over-shampooing can dry the hair.
- Dandruff too can be a major problem. Use a good lotion on your scalp and leave for ten minutes prior to shampooing.
- Body odour and excessive perspiration can be avoided if you add a few drops of eau-de-Cologne to bath water. This will also make you feel fresher Summer is the best time to sport a short haircut. So, if you have been wanting to re-style your hair and wear it short, do it now!
- Summer is the best time to sport a short haircut. So, if you have been wanting to re-style your hair and wear it short, do it now!
- Make sure to use an anti tan lotion before going out in the sun.
- Eat fresh fruits, juices and salads. Avoid aerated waters. Choose the healthier options such as buttermilk, fresh lime water, iced tea or even a milkshake instead.
- Wash your face at least 2-3 times/a day. Make sure you wear light clothes, preferably light cottons.
If you follow these simple beauty tips your summer season will go very smoothly and you feel cool, better and comfortable.